[haw-info] Call Congress Today! 100 Groups Support "No War Funding" Letter

Hiscze at aol.com Hiscze at aol.com
Wed Jul 6 06:57:13 PDT 2011

The House of Representatives is about to pass a $648.7 billion Defense
Appropriations bill, perhaps as soon as this evening. Yesterday over 100
national and grassroots groups signed a "No War Funding" letter to the
Congressional Progressive Caucus. Historians Against War was pleased to endorse  this
effort. Support for the letter reflects grass-roots outrage over the
willingness of Congress to keep paying for the military, while slashing  vitally
important domestic programs.
For text of the letter and signers:
_http://unitedforpeace.org/letter-to-progressive-caucus/_ (http://unitedforpeace.org/letter-to-progressive-caucus/)
Now is the time to call all members of Congress.  Voting on the 2012
Defense Appropriations bill could come as early as this  evening. This bill
provides $648.7 for the military, including $118  billion for the Afghanistan and
Iraq wars.
Capitol Switchboard:  202-225-3121
Tell your Representative to oppose further war funding  for Afghanistan and
to vote against the entire 2012 Defense Appropriations  bill.  Message is
simple: we must not continue wasting lives and  money. The United States
cannot afford another $648.7 billion for the  military. Its time to bring our
war dollars home!
Please forward this message widely.!!!
Carolyn Eisenberg on behalf of the Historians Against War Steering
Send any updates: _hiscze at aol.com_ (mailto:hiscze at aol.com)