[haw-info] Call Congress Today! 100 Groups Support "No War Funding" Letter

Hiscze at aol.com Hiscze at aol.com
Wed Jul 6 06:57:13 PDT 2011

The House of Representatives is about to pass a $648.7 billion Defense
Appropriations bill, perhaps as soon as this evening. Yesterday over 100
national and grassroots groups signed a "No War Funding" letter to the
Congressional Progressive Caucus. Historians Against War was pleased to endorse  this
effort. Support for the letter reflects grass-roots outrage over the
willingness of Congress to keep paying for the military, while slashing  vitally
important domestic programs.

For text of the letter and signers:
_http://unitedforpeace.org/letter-to-progressive-caucus/_ (http://unitedforpeace.org/letter-to-progressive-caucus/)

Now is the time to call all members of Congress.  Voting on the 2012
Defense Appropriations bill could come as early as this  evening. This bill
provides $648.7 for the military, including $118  billion for the Afghanistan and
Iraq wars.

Capitol Switchboard:  202-225-3121

Tell your Representative to oppose further war funding  for Afghanistan and
to vote against the entire 2012 Defense Appropriations  bill.  Message is
simple: we must not continue wasting lives and  money. The United States
cannot afford another $648.7 billion for the  military. Its time to bring our
war dollars home!

Please forward this message widely.!!!

Carolyn Eisenberg on behalf of the Historians Against War Steering
Committee.

Send any updates: _hiscze at aol.com_ (mailto:hiscze at aol.com)