[haw-info] Has your Congressional Rep signed Out-of-Iraq letter?

Hiscze at aol.com Hiscze at aol.com
Wed Jul 27 05:26:26 PDT 2011

If  your Rep has not signed Lee-Jones letter on Iraq,  please call their
office now. Final version to be sent at 6PM today.

Capitol Hill Switchboard :202-225-3121

KEEP TO THE CURRENT DEADLINE
Bring all U.S. Troops and  Military Contractors in Iraq Home by Dec. 31,
2011!
Current Cosigners (80, in addition to Lee & Jones): Baldwin,  Bass (CA-33),
Braley, Capps, Capuano, Chu, Cicilline, Clark (MI-13), Clarke  (NY-11),
Cleaver, Clyburn, Cohen, Conyers, Costello, Davis (IL-7), DeFazio,  Doggett,
Duncan (TN-2), Ellison, Farr, Filner, Frank, Fudge, Garamendi,  Grijalva,
Gutierrez, Hanabusa, Hastings (FL-23), Heinrich, Hirono, Honda,  Jackson Jr.
(IL-2), Jackson-Lee, Johnson (TX-30), Johnson (IL-15), Kaptur,  Kucinich, Lewis
(GA-5), Loebsack, Lofgren, Lujan, Maloney, Matsui, McDermott,  McGovern,
Michaud, Miller (CA-7), Moore, Nadler, Napolitano, Norton, Olver,  Paul,
Payne, Rangel, Richardson, Rush, Sanchez (CA-47), Schakowsky, Schrader,  Scott
(VA-3), Serrano, Sewell, Slaughter, Speier, Stark, Thompson (CA-1), Tonko,
Towns, Tsongas, Waters, Watt, Welch, Wilson (FL-17), Woolsey, Yarmuth
Any feedback from Congressional office, please send to _hiscze at aol.com_
(mailto:hiscze at aol.com)
For member of Congress to sign on to  this bipartisan letter or for more
information, please contact Teddy Miller  in Rep. Lee’s office
(_teddy.miller at mail.house.gov_ (mailto:teddy.miller at mail.house.gov)  or 5.2661) or  Ray
Celeste in Rep. Jones’ office (_raymond.celeste at mail.house.gov_
(mailto:raymond.celeste at mail.house.gov)  or  6.5241).
-----
Text of  Letter
July  22, 2011
The Honorable Barack  Obama
President of the United  States
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue,  N.W.
Washington, D.C.  20500
Dear Mr.  President:
We are writing to urge you to hold  to our nation’s Status of Forces
Agreement with the government of Iraq that  commits our nation to bringing all of
our troops and military contractors home  at the end of this calendar year.
The American people have made it  clear that the war in Iraq must end.  By
wide and overwhelming margins,  Americans approve of your plan to remove all
the troops from Iraq by the end of  this year.
We are deeply concerned to learn  that your Administration is considering
plans to keep potentially thousands of  U.S. troops in Iraq beyond the end of
this year.  Extending our presence in  Iraq is counterproductive - the
Iraqi people do not support our continued  occupation.  Remaining in Iraq would
only further strengthen the perception  that we are an occupying force with
no intention of leaving  Iraq.
Leaving troops and military  contractors in Iraq beyond the deadline is not
in our nation’s security  interests, it is not in our nation’s strategic
interests, and it is not in our  nation’s economic interests.
Mr. President, we look forward to  working with you in maintaining our
nation’s Status of Forces Agreement with the  government of Iraq and bringing
all of our troops and military contractors home  at the end of this year.
Sincerely,
Barbara Lee
Member of Congress
Walter B. Jones